Monday, November 12, 2007

Pre-Race Jitters

Okay, it's the day before the race. Man, some of us are jittering hard. I woke up at 4:00 am this morning and I hate 4 am. You know what was on my mind? Three things: 1) It's raining. That makes things a little more interesting for the course (Frog Wash may be extra wet and stinky). But, it may make things a little more dangerous for the chase teams. So, I'm praying hard for their safety. If you're the praying type, feel free to join in. 2) The logistics of the chase- who's in what car when, how we're going to keep people fed and rested- ha, ha. 3) My teammates and their families. Here we are in Baja and most of our team has wives (or grandparents) and kids and back home who are pulling double duty to keep the homefires burning. I was concerned about their energies and cares. Strangely enough, it was this very same thought, that the families at home are caring for one another and living their daily lives, that was somehow very comforting too. We love you guys! Thanks for your support and prayers--Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, i have just been praying like crazy that you all just have fun and God Blesses you all with peace and speed and fun. An experience of a lifetime that results in an outcome that is rewarding to all. I love you guys a bunch. ~mitchell