Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's Not Only a Race

These words come from a t-shirt that I bought for Rodney at Mama Espinoza's. I think they sum it up pretty well.
It's not only a race.
It's planning vision courage intelligence
money dedication effort
pre-run to know the land
anxiety to begin the race
emotion adrenalin dust speed strategy experience patience frustration pits
friendship competition
rocks mountains desert beach streams fog bumps cactus and more dust
To arrive in los cabos finish line (which we didn't, but oh well)
after many stories filled with emptiness.
There's only one thing to do...wait for the next race. This is Baja.
Vayan con dios!!!
Kathy says we're up to $1650 and growing for the kids who will be going to Gales Creek this year, because of those who have been going the extra mile with us. That's almost 5 kids and their families who will potentially have their own life changing experience because of the Baja. Thanks.
Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glory Be To God!! What an amazing bunch of people... both up here and down there doing an astounding job of making this thing happen and doing their very best to not only start but to nearly take 3rd on their first ever effort. I am so honored to know all you folks, and once again I had such a blast being part of it from up here... not knowing who was getting what info I broadcast... and to provide such a neat interface for those of us up here to be part of the whole process as best I could keep up with it. I already have ideas for next year.
I love you guys!