Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Daughters Gift

Home at 3:30am Monday. I woke up at 7am so I could see Chris and the kids before they were off to school. It seemed like it had been months since I had been able to spend any time with them, well 4 months anyways. Feels good to be home after our long journey. My daughter tells me she has a present for me, grabs my hand and leads me to her room. She tells me; I wrote you a song, would you like to here it? well, of course I would love to hear it. She picked up her little guitar and started playing music. I am pretty sure there were no actual notes or chords played, but it sounded beautiful to me. She played her guitar and said her song was called the Baja song. Her song told about her daddy going to baja to race the baja truck, she missed me while I was gone and how much she loved me.
It is hard for me to put words to this. I am very touched by her words, especially coming from a 6 year old. She gave me a gift well beyond my expectations.
I am glad to be home, but I don't know if my mind has actually made it home yet.
I am very proud to have been a part of such a huge event with a group of people that performed well together to get the job done for 1166 miles. that is well past a baja 1000, just not this one. We will have to finish it next year. Thanks.
Tony

1 comment:

lucidiocy said...

Aww Tony, that's a wonderful story to tell...

you made me cry.